Account Manager – Cologne / Dusseldorf – Amazing International Scaleup Opportunity – up to €70,000 + car allowance + bonus
We are on the hunt for an exceptional Account Manager, with demonstrable success selling solutions into retail and business partners (ideally shopping centres) to join an exciting scaleup in the midst of international expansion..
The Account Manager will be responsible for selling retail technology solutions to retailers and business partners. Therefore, the ability to draw on previous experience to build up and execute a sales pipeline for the company across Germany is key to the success of this role.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, creative and persuasive sales professional with a ‘make it happen’ attitude. You will be expanding the business in Germany, so an entrepreneurial mindset, objective driven outlook and strong business ethics are crucial. Fluent German and English language skills (written and spoken) are required.
Our client will consider a senior level Account Manager with extensive experience in a similar role or someone with 2-3 years experience selling into retailers, who is keen to learn and develop in the role.
What’s on offer:
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic organisation where you will be intrinsic to the long term expansion plan, both in Germany and throughout Europe. This is a remote based role in the Cologne / Dusseldorf area, although you will be required to regularly travel to partners and accounts within Germany (approximately 40% of the time).
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience (approx 3-5+ years) in business and sales with a proven track record of success selling solutions (ideally technology) into retail and partners (preferably shopping centres)
- Alternatively 2-3 years experience in a similar Sales / Account Executive role with the desire to develop into an Account Manager
- Fluent German and English
- Experience in business development for new solutions, new accounts and segments within Germany and across other European countries
- Experience in account management (front-line sales carrying quota including current role)
- A passion for, and proven experience of, selling technology solutions in strategic environments
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to present and influence at all levels
- Ability to develop senior level business relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen and ethics
- Highly motivated and objective driven
- Ability to utilise metric and produce data driven, measurable action plans
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and accounts with differing timelines
- Flexibility and ability to travel extensively (approximately 40% of working time)
- Desire to join a rapidly growing, successful international scaleup
Key responsibilities as the Account Manager will include:
- Selling the company’s retail technology solutions to major retailers and partners in Germany
- Building up a sales pipeline and winning business opportunities with large scale retailers and partners
- Creating and managing internal and partner relationships across marketing, operations and IT to solve customer business issues
- Understanding customer’s business objectives
- Developing account plans with measurable goals and objectives
- Managing the sales process, identifying opportunities, managing the funnel and forecast, handling contract negotiations and driving deployment of solutions
- Helping operation and internal departments to create processes and engagement with partner/s
- Optimising existing business by driving retail execution, initiating marketing activities and communication
- Plus more!
If you would like to be considered for this fabulous opportunity, please submit your CV in ENGLISH, quoting ‘AE – Account Manager, Germany’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.