Assistant Company Secretary – Marketing and Communications Co. – Central London – up to £65k + benefits
We are looking for a full or part ICSA qualified Assistant Company Secretary to join a successful and expanding Marketing and Communications organisation based in Central London.
Our client’s HQ is based near London Bridge and has a small team of approximately 35 people, however, they have several subsidiary companies and offices around the world.
The Assistant Company Secretary will be responsible for providing company secretarial support to the organisation and its UK subsidiaries as well as coordinating overseas subsidiary management.
This is a high-profile role working with the Board of Directors as well as the boards of the subsidiary companies.
You will report to and support the General Counsel and Company Secretary alongside the company secretary assistant.
This role would be well suited to a highly organised, flexible individual who can take a pragmatic approach to prioritising competing deadlines and tasks.
Suitable candidates will be self-motivated, adaptable and highly professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
What’s on offer:
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 20 days annual leave plus Christmas (approx 4 days) and your birthday (1 day) off. They also offer private health, discounted gym membership, pension scheme and a 4.30pm finish on a Friday!
Key responsibilities as the Assistant Company Secretary:
- Supporting the board and its committees with agendas, papers, minutes, tracking actions, terms of reference, Board evaluations, Directors’ induction and forward agendas
- Stock Exchange announcements – liaising in relation to total voting rights, Directors’ dealing, major shareholders, interim and annual results announcements and trading updates
- MAR compliance – maintaining insider lists, requests to deal, delayed disclosure records etc.
- Coordinating all AGM logistics
- Managing the production and publication of the annual report including responsibility for the first drafts of the Director’s report, corporate governance report, remuneration report and shareholder information sections
- Shareholder services – share issues, dividends and shareholder enquiries
- Company secretarial support for UK subsidiaries including support for corporate activities, maintaining statutory registers and company records, completing statutory filings, filing statutory accounts and more.
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Company Secretary role, preferably within an AIM-listed plc or with main-market experience
- Experience within a group or multi-business structure is highly preferable
- Plc Board exposure and experience working with senior management with busy and demanding schedules
- Strong company secretarial knowledge
- Full or part ICSA-qualified
- Strong entity management system skills (Diligent Entities or similar)
- Experience in a large international firm, working with remote teams would be desirable
- IT literate with advanced MS Office including Excel
- Minute taking skills
- Impeccable communication skills with excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Highly organised and flexible
- Enthusiastic team player
- Professional, discreet, self-motivated and pragmatic
If you have the extensive expertise we’re looking for and wish to join an exciting organisation at a time of growth and expansion, then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘AE – Assistant Company Secretary’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.