Assistant Underwriter | Financial Services | Mayfair, London | up to £26k
A fabulous opportunity has become available with one of our financial services clients, based in Mayfair, as an Assistant Underwriter.
Supporting Lending Managers who underwrite and manage deals for HNWC, the Assistant Underwriter will ideally have previous experience underwriting high quality loan applications, possess the ability to build successful working relationships with brokers, clients and solicitors and will be detailed and accurate.
The ability to calculate risk and show excellent judgement will be paramount to the success of this role.
Please note: this role is working for a financial services organisation and not an insurance company.
Key responsibilities as the Assistant Underwriter will include:
- Preparing and maintaining files manually and electronically
- Communicating with introducers and brokers, chasing for outstanding / pending documentation
- Communicating with valuer / surveyors regarding valuation instruction, inspection and reports
- Maintaining records of invoice payments
- Preparing new case files with required searches i.e. Land Registry, AML, KYC checks etc.
- Identifying any potential fraudulent activity and escalating concerns to compliance
- Attending meetings
- Providing excellent internal and external customer service to clients
- Formally managing and instructing valuers
- Plus more!
What our client is looking for:
- Previous relevant experience in Underwriting, gained in a financial environment (not insurers)
- Ability to build, maintain and manage successful business relationships with brokers, clients, solicitors and surveyors
- Ability to support high volumes of new underwriting cases
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible approach
- Keen to follow and keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry related knowledge
- Ability to grasp and understand case studies
- Excellent levels of customer service and communication skills
- Highly organised and proactive team player
We’re looking to interview immediately for this role, so if this sounds like a role you are interested in – and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for – we want to hear from you!
Please submit your CV NOW, quoting ‘DH – Assistant Underwriter’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.