Senior Engineer – Wind Turbine Aerodynamics – Madrid, Spain – up to €100,000
We are seeking an experienced Wind Turbine Aerodynamics Senior Engineer to join an expanding international company at their site in Madrid, Spain.
Suitable candidates will need a degree in Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering with a specialisation in fluid / aero dynamics (or similar), extensive hands-on experience on the design of blade shapes within the wind turbine industry and have solid understanding of fundamental and applied aerodynamics.
Key responsibilities as the Senior Engineer will include:
- Provide technical solutions and design support for wind turbine aerodynamics (blades, nacelle, spinner)
- Provide analysis and data to obtain optimal aerodynamic performance with maximum loads reduction in presence of different levels of noise constrictions
- Support development of blade aerodynamic and aero acoustic models including detailed CFD, simplified CFD and analytical models
- Liaise with the design engineering team to provide inputs for optimal wind turbine design
- Support experimental validation of methods and models for aerodynamic and aero acoustic design
- Liaise with software developers to provide input for post processing software tools
- Consideration of environmental conditions relative to their influence on the operation of the wind turbine
- Support the design review processes
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree or similar in Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering with a specialisation in fluid / aero dynamics or similar
- Fluent Spanish and strong English language skills
- Extensive hands on experience as an Engineer within the wind power industry
- Experienced in performing wind turbine blade design and analysis using BEM models, 2D airfoil design and optimisation, Perform 2D/3D blade and airfoil CFD using commercial CFD packages
- Demonstrable understanding of fundamental aerodynamics as it relates to Reynolds, Iow Mach, steady and unsteady, turbulent and laminar, incompressible, external flow.
- Demonstrable understanding of applied aerodynamics as it relates to airfoils, lifting wings, rotor and horizontal axis wind turbines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data
- Knowledge of wind turbine certification (IEC and GL requirements) is beneficial
- Familiarity with blade structure analysis for next generation wind turbine blades would be desirable
- Experience working with Chinese companies / customers or knowledge of the Chinese culture would be advantageous
- Eligible to work in Spain
Our client is offering a competitive salary of up to €100,000 for the right candidate. Do you fit the bill?
If so, we want to hear from you now!
Please ensure your CV showcases your skills and experience and submit it in ENGLISH, quoting ‘CP – Senior Engineer, Spain’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.