Business Analyst – Law Firm – City of London – 6 month FTC – £55k- £63k (DoE)
We’re looking for a proactive and project focused Business Analyst, with demonstrable experience in a business facing role, to join a successful law firm in the City on a 6 month FTC.
Reporting to the Head of Business Engagement, the Business Analyst will assist with the development and management of firm based projects. You will engage with practice areas and business support departments to shape and scope project and initiative proposals and, through working with the PMs, you will deliver working solutions to deliver business benefits.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar Business Analyst role, ideally within a legal environment, and will be highly analytical with strong finance, numerical and IT skills.
Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements, drafting functional specifications and managing projects is also required to succeed in this contract role.
Opportunity: This is a fantastic contract opportunity for someone looking to join a progressive, friendly and successful City law firm. Our client is offering a competitive salary (£55k-£63k, dependent on experience) and core and flexible benefits scheme.
Standard working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm and hybrid working (3 days in the office, two from home) is offered.
Key duties as the Business Analyst will include:
- Understanding the business operations, challenges, existing applications, processes and systems
- Keeping abreast of enhancements to existing technology and marketplace developments
- Assisting in identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis
- Assisting in the production of business cases to help evaluate the value of any proposed initiatives
- Liaising with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements; producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation
- Liaison between departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation
- Undertake system testing and providing comprehensive documentation of results
- Coordinating user acceptance tests
- Assisting with overall project management – providing reports and feedback to the Project Manager
- Assisting in the implementation of business processes and initiatives
- And much more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Business Analyst role – preferably within a legal environment
- Strong academics including educated to degree level or equivalent
- Part or full Business Analyst qualification is highly beneficial
- Experience in a business facing role with strong commercial knowledge
- Experience in capturing and documenting business requirements
- Experience in drafting functional specifications
- Analytical with logical problem solving skills and strong finance and numerical skills
- Advanced IT skills including MS Office, Project and Visio
- Experienced with Document and Case Management Systems – law firm Practice Management systems experience is highly advantageous
- Project management experience
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to structure information and data and present information in a clear, logical and structured manner
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and remain calm under pressure
Interested in this Business Analyst contract role?
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Business Analyst – City Law Firm’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.