Business Engagement Analyst – Law Firm – City – up to £38,000 + benefits
We’re looking for a Business Engagement Analyst, with experience in a business facing role, to join a successful law firm in the City.
As the Business Engagement Analyst you will assist with the development and management of firm based projects. You will engage with practice areas and business support departments to shape and scope project and initiative proposals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar Business Engagement Analyst role, ideally within a legal environment, and will be analytical with strong finance, numerical and IT skills.
Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements, drafting functional specifications and project management experience is also required to succeed in this role.
Key duties as the Business Engagement Analyst include:
- Understanding the business operations, challenges, existing applications, processes and systems
- Keeping abreast of enhancements to existing technology and marketplace developments
- Assisting in identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis
- Assisting in the production of business cases to help evaluate the value of any proposed initiatives
- Liaising with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements; producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation
- Liaison between departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation
- Undertake system testing and providing comprehensive documentation of results
- Assisting with overall project management – providing reports and feedback to the Project Manager
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Business Analyst role – preferably within a legal environment
- Strong academics including educated to degree level or equivalent
- Business Analyst qualification is highly beneficial
- Experience in a business facing role with strong commercial knowledge
- Experience in capturing and documenting business requirements
- Experience in drafting functional specifications
- Analytical with logical problem solving skills and strong finance and numerical skills
- Advanced IT skills including MS Office, Project and Visio
- Experienced with Document and Case Management Systems – law Practice Management systems experience is highly advantageous
- Project management experience
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to structure information and data and present information in a clear, logical and structured manner
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and remain calm under pressure
What’s on offer?
Our City based client’s standard hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm.
They are offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO-Business Engagement Analyst’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.