Business Systems Analyst – City Law Firm – Competitive Salary + Benefits
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst / Business Systems Project Manager, with extensive experience in a business facing role and strong commercial acumen, to join a successful law firm in the City.
As the Business Systems Analyst, you will assist the development and management of the firm’s projects. You will engage with practice areas and business support departments to shape and scope project and initiative proposals and, through working closely with Project Managers, you will deliver working solutions to realise business benefits.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience (c 3+ years) in similar Business Systems Analyst / Business Systems Project Management roles, ideally within a legal environment (not a prerequisite) and will be analytical with strong finance, numerical and IT skills.
Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements and drafting functional specifications is also required to succeed in this role.
Key duties as the Business Systems Analyst will include:
- Working with the Head of Business Engagement, Project Managers and practice areas, to understand business operations, challenges and their upcoming plans and priorities
- Developing a good understanding of existing applications, processes and systems
- Keeping abreast of enhancements to existing technology and marketplace developments
- Identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis
- Inputting to and producing business cases to help evaluate the value of any proposed initiatives
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements; producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation
- Liaising between departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation
- Working with requirements to create test scripts, plans and scenarios
- Occasionally undertaking system testing and providing comprehensive documentation of results
- Coordinating user acceptance tests ensuring clients undertake test duties
- Working with the Project Managers and IT Development team to establish technical vision and analyse efficient usability with functionality and performance
- Reviewing and updating requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations relayed to the proposed solution to ensure traceability of decisions
- And more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Business Systems Project Manager / Business Systems Analyst role
- Strong academics including educated to degree level or equivalent
- Part or full Business Analyst qualification is highly beneficial
- Project management experience
- Experience in a business facing role with strong commercial knowledge
- Experience in capturing and documenting business requirements
- Experience in drafting functional specifications
- Analytical with logical problem solving skills and strong finance and numerical skills
- Strong IT skills including MS Office, Project and Visio and good technical knowledge to enable working closely with the IT function
- Experienced with Document and Case Management Systems – law firm Practice Management systems experience is advantageous
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to structure information and data and present information in a clear, logical and structured manner
- Confident communication skills
What’s on offer?
Our client is a dynamic and progressive leading City law firm. Their standard hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm and they are offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes 25 days+ annual leave, pension scheme, private medical insurance, discretionary performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, enhanced sick pay, enhanced maternity/paternity pay, social events and more!
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Business Systems Analyst – Law Firm’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.