Credit Controller / Revenue Controller – City Law Firm – up to £38k + benefits
Our client, a leading City law firm, is looking for a Credit Controller to join their Revenue Control team.
Suitable candidates will need to be methodical, accurate, numerical and organised and possess previous experience in a similar credit / revenue control role within a law firm.
Confident communication skills (written and spoken) and an excellent telephone manner are also required.
Working within a team, the Credit / Revenue Controller will work to ensure the firm achieves and maintains healthy levels of WIP and debt, ensuring monthly billing and collection targets are hit and that all queries and concerns are dealt with efficiently.
Key Responsibilities as the Credit Controller / Revenue Controller will include:
- Attending regular meetings regarding monthly billing and unpaid invoices
- Chasing debtors regularly (via telephone, e-mail and letter)
- Prompt and accurate production of invoices submitted, ensuring full compliance with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account rules
- Identifying and escalating potential debt issues to the Revenue Control Supervisor
- General matter maintenance including WIP transfers, write offs and amendments to client / matter details
- Maintaining accurate records on the the credit control system
- Analysing unpaid bills held at year end to help calculate the bad debt provision
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for client matters
- Processing credit card payments
- Dealing with all billing, VAT and debt queries from internal and external clients
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Credit Controller, Billing or Revenue Controller role within a law firm – essential
- Strong academics including English Language and Maths at GCSE level or above (or equivalent)
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised nature
- Working knowledge of Aderant and ARCS2G is beneficial
- Knowledge of VAT and Solicitors Account Rules
- Confident communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work proactively in a busy and fast-paced environment
- IT literate including MS Office and Excel
- Reliable with excellent time-keeping
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality, information security and data protection
- Professional attitude
- Team player
Standard Hours – Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
This is a wonderful company to work for; they pay competitively and offer a great benefits package. If you’re looking for a new Credit Controller / Revenue Controller role in a legal firm then this could be the role for you!
Submit your CV NOW in Word format, quoting ‘LO – Credit Controller – Law Firm’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.