Debt Recovery Officer – Sidcup – Full Time – up to £27k (DoE)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and personable individual to join the vibrant and busy Income Management department of a Sidcup based organisation as a Debt Recovery Officer.
Primarily responsible for managing your own portfolio of properties, you will be responsible for minimising arrears and maximising income taking enforcement action including representation at Court and recovering arrears via all forms of communication.
Ideal candidates will have experience of working in a debt recovery or credit control role and must be able to work in a busy and pressurised environment. You will need good IT skills, impeccable attention to detail and be organised, methodical and meticulous.
A self-motivated, proactive and conscientious team player is what we’re looking for.
What’s on offer:
Our client is committed to supporting a work-life balance and recognises the changing demands and circumstances in life. They are committed to environmental and social responsibility and are offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 26 days+ annual leave, discretionary bonus, pension scheme, private healthcare and more.
Key responsibilities as the Debt Recovery Officer:
- Managing your own portfolio of accounts ensuring a reduction of arrears, cash collection performance is maximised and bad debt is minimised using all available communication methods
- Confidently deliver and make reasoned decisions in relation to effective portfolio management
- Working independently to provide effective account resolution of high level arrears and penance issue related cases
- Taking enforcement action including processing court applications and representing the company at Court as and when needed
- Liaising with a range of internal and external agencies to resolve debt management issues
- Maintaining accurate records at all times
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- General administration duties as required
- Plus more
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a debt recovery / credit control role
- Experience working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and spoken) with excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
- IT literate
- Well developed questioning, listening, influencing and negotiation skills are essential
- Flexible, adaptable, organised and professional
- Proactive team player with an eye for detail and accuracy
If this role sounds of interest and you have the skills and experience required then we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘JG – Debt Recovery Officer – Sidcup’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.