Desktop Support Engineer – Regulatory Body – Central London / Hybrid Working – c£35k
We’re looking for a personable and proactive Desktop Support Engineer, with proven experience providing first-line support, to join a successful organisation near Victoria, London.
The 1st Line Desktop Support Engineer will join an established team, supporting the end user devices and systems and providing technical expertise to colleagues.
What’s on offer? Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, 26 days annual leave, STL, Cycle to Work Scheme, flexible / hybrid working and more!
Key responsibilities as the Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Acting as a point of contact for the Service Desk addressing user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Troubleshooting, support and maintenance of the desktop and laptop platforms
- Triage end user technology issues across all technology systems, escalating as required
- Supporting Audio Visual systems including live events and equipment setup in venue spaces
- Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the technology services
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining the infrastructure environment
- Conducting investigations of operational problems
- Ensuring adherence to IT security policies and best practice
- And more
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience providing 1st lines support – primarily Windows-based
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Windows 7 to 11
- macOS 10.15-12
- Office365 suite including Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams
- Active Directory including Azure AD, Group Policy, Intune and Endpoint Manager
- Sophos Anti-virus and Microsoft Defender 365 Suite
- Mimecast or other SaaS email security services
- iOS mobile devices
- Window Server 2003 to 2022
- VoIP phone systems
- Good working knowledge and understanding of fundamental IT principles
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Relevant IT qualifications are desirable (AZ/SC/MS certs, Network+ and similar)
- Highly organised and proactive nature
- Reliable and conscientious
Interested in this Desktop Support Engineer opportunity?
If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, then don’t delay – submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LP – Desktop Support Engineer – London’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.