Senior Electrical Engineer – Wind Turbine Electrical Design (LV-MV) – Madrid, Spain – up to €100,000
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer / Power Engineer to join an expanding international company at their site in Madrid, Spain
Suitable candidates will need a degree in Electrical Engineering / Power Engineering (or similar) with an emphasis on Wind Energy, extensive experience in Wind Turbine manufacturing to include LV/MV wind turbine electrical design and testing and have excellent communication skills in both Spanish and English.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for bringing new ideas into concepts and procedures for assessing the WT electrical designs. The goal will be to ensure that current designs are cost-effective solutions in accordance to relevant standards. You will be responsible for guiding and producing the necessary documentation for future certification.
Key responsibilities as the Senior Electrical Engineer will include:
- Checking the electrical schematic, bill of materials and wiring for the communications, power and control components
- Contrasting the ‘as-is design’ against typical industry best practices, considering mechanical sub-systems specifications, sensors and interconnection with main WT cabinets (tower base, hub, switch-gear and power converter)
- Proposing changes in configurations, components and electrical interfaces regarding safety chain, communications, power and control
- Defining the internal rules regarding design guidelines, best practices and how to improve the documentation in the Engineering Change Management system
- Cost benefit studies and business case calculations
- Risk analysis
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or similar, with an emphasis on Wind Energy
- Extensive experience in Wind Turbine manufacturing
- Extensive experience on LV/MV wind turbine electrical design and testing
- Experience in wind power system modelling, simulation and analysis with RMS and EMT software platforms (ETAP, Digsilant PF and PSCAD)
- Experience in definition and design of WT control cabinets
- Experienced in calculating and sizing LV and MV components in WT including voltage protections, wiring, connectors etc.
- EPLAN suit experience for generating WT electrical schematics and related documentation according to IEC and UL regulations
- Experience in WTG safety systems definition and design
- Excellent Spanish and English language skills
- Ability to build relations and interact with stakeholders at all levels, globally
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Ability to facilitate and resolve technical choices using data and sound engineering principles
- Eligible to work in Spain
What’s on offer?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join global organisation that is growing from strength to strength. Our client is offering a competitive salary of up to €100,000 for the right candidate. Do you fit the bill?
If so, we want to hear from you now!
Please ensure your CV showcases your skills and experience and submit it in ENGLISH, quoting ‘CP – Senior Electrical Engineer – Wind Turbine Electrical Design, Spain’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.