Environmental and Community Coordinator – Amazing Opportunity – North London – up to £26k
- Do you possess a degree or a keen interest in Environmental Management?
- Are you passionate about Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility?
- Are you looking to get your foot in the door of an amazing company in a role that you can be truly passionate about?
Then this could be it………..
We are looking for a strong Administrator / Coordinator with a keen interest in Environmental / Sustainability issues to join a fabulous company based in a North London retail centre as their Environmental and Community Coordinator.
This role is suited to someone with a degree in a relevant subject or with a strong appreciation of, and interest in, sustainability issues. Reporting to the Operations Manager, your role is to improve the centre’s engagement in the community and the environmental performance in support of the company’s corporate responsibility objectives and business plan.
Our client is looking for someone who has the ability to apply practical yet innovative and creative thinking to help develop projects; someone with excellent communication and influencing skills who can speak confidently at public events.
Previous experience of environmental management systems and working with community groups would be highly beneficial.
Key responsibilities as the Environmental and Community Coordinator will include:
- Ensuring effective and consistent monitoring and coordination of all on site sustainability activity including measurement and timely report of data
- Supporting local delivery of the company’s corporate responsibility initiatives, managing the Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure certification is maintained
- Ensuring compliance with existing and new Environmental Legislation
- Implementing and monitoring opportunities for increased recycling, reduction of energy and water consumption, improving biodiversity and sustainable travel plans
- Researching socio-economic issues and developing projects
- Coordinating and reporting on all on-site Community activity
- Engage with retailers to identify areas of environmental management improvement
- Developing sustainability and community engagement initiatives and promoting awareness
- PLUS MORE!
What we’re looking for in the Environmental and Community Coordinator:
- Relevant degree, proven experience in a Sustainability / Corporate Responsibility / Environmental role (6 months+) or a true passion for this subject!
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Confident public speaker
- Knowledge of environmental management systems (EMS) and the requirements of ISO14001 is highly beneficial
- Experience of working with community groups is desirable
- Ability to apply practical yet innovative and creative thinking to projects
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with large volumes of data
- PC literate with MS Office
- Good project management skills
- Proactive and motivated team player
This is a gem of a role for the right person and our client not only offers a competitive salary but a fabulous benefits package too!
Keen? Then don’t delay! Submit your CV today in Word format (not PDF) quoting ‘LP – Environmental and Community Coordinator’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.