HR Manager – HR Generalist – City Law Firm, London – up to £60k + benefits – 1 year FTC
Our client, a leading City Law Firm, is currently looking for a CIPD qualified HR Manager, ideally with a legal or professional services background, to join their HR department on a 1 year FTC.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Manager will provide a full range of HR generalist support to the firm, working closely with the allocated practice areas and business support teams. You will provide HR and employment advice and deal with all levels of employee relations issues.
As a CIPD qualified professional, you will be comfortable providing advice and guidance to internal clients and you will know how to add value to the HR arena. You will need to have both operational and strategic experience and be able to demonstrate working on a range of HR and ER issues. The ability to gain trust and confidence quickly is paramount, as is the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, passionate and commercially minded individual who is keen to immerse themselves in the HR team.
Opportunity: This is a great 12 month contract opportunity to join a progressive, friendly and hardworking team who are client focused and enjoy the challenges of working for a successful City law firm. Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package and is looking for someone to start imminently.
Key responsibilities as HR Manager will include:
- Proactively developing effective working relationships with partners and line managers, providing generalist HR advice, guidance, coaching and support
- Facilitating the delivery of on-going performance management reviews and coaching internal clients
- Providing support and advice to practice areas and support teams on strategy and operational matters such as change management, ER, performance management, reward, training and development and interpreting policies and procedures
- Effectively managing discipline and grievance issues including conducting investigations and preparing for hearings
- Maintaining and appropriately sharing knowledge of employment legislation, best practice and industry experience
- Developing and implementing HR policies and ensuring handbooks are up to date
- Leading and developing projects (e.g. employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, talent management, reward and retention etc)
- Designing and overseeing the training programme
- Assisting with salary reviews and bonuses
- Managing the process for trainee solicitors
- Assisting with recruitment when required
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- CIPD qualified HR professional
- Graduate with strong academics
- Strong generalist HR experience ideally gained in the legal field or professional services environment
- A confident communicator, comfortable providing HR advice and guidance
- Significant HR operational experience
- Experience of working with senior management on a range of HR and employee relations issues
- Ability to provide operational and strategic support
- Project management skills
- A good understanding of how to add value in the HR arena
- Professional and highly organised
- Strong communication skills and excellent relationship management skills with proven ability to gain credibility at all levels
Does this sound like the contract role for you?
If you possess the necessary skills and experience required, are available imminently and able to commit to a 12 month contract, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV as soon as possible, quoting ‘LO – HR Manager – Contract’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.