HR Manager – HR Generalist – City Law Firm, London – up to £65k + benefits
Our client, a leading City Law Firm, is currently looking for a data driven HR Manager, with a legal or professional services background, to join their HR department.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Manager will provide a full range of HR generalist support to the firm, working closely with the allocated practice areas and business support teams. You will provide HR and employment advice and deal with all levels of employee relations issues.
As a CIPD qualified professional, you will be comfortable providing advice and guidance to internal clients and you will know how to add value to the HR arena. You will need to have both operational and strategic experience and be able to demonstrate working on a range of complex issues. The ability to gain trust and confidence quickly is paramount as is the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, passionate and commercially minded individual who is keen to immerse themselves in the HR team.
Key responsibilities as HR Manager will include:
- Proactively developing effective working relationships with partners and line managers, providing generalist HR advice, guidance, coaching and support
- Acting as a first point of contact
- Facilitating the delivery of on-going performance management reviews and coaching internal clients
- Providing support and advice to practice areas and support teams on strategy and operational matters such as change management, ER, performance management, reward, training and development and interpreting policies and procedures
- Effectively managing discipline and grievance issues including conducting investigations and preparing for hearings
- Maintaining and appropriately sharing knowledge of employment legislation, best practice and industry experience
- Developing and implementing HR policies and ensuring handbooks are up to date
- Leading and developing projects (talent management, reward and retention etc)
- Designing and overseeing the training programme
- Assisting with salary reviews and bonuses
- Managing the process for trainee solicitors
- Assisting with recruitment when required
- Plus more!
Suitable candidates must have / be:
- CIPD qualified HR professional
- Graduate with strong academics
- Strong generalist HR experience gained in the legal field or professional services environment
- A confident communicator, comfortable providing HR advice and guidance
- Significant HR operational experience
- Lean Six Sigma
- Experience of working with senior management on a range of HR and employee relations issues
- Ability to provide operational and strategic support
- Project management skills
- A good understanding of how to add value in the HR arena
- Commercially minded and data driven
- Professional and highly organised
- Strong communication skills and excellent relationship management skills with proven ability to gain credibility at all levels
Does this sound like the role for you?
If you possess the necessary skills and experience required and would like to be considered for this HR Manager role, please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible, quoting ‘LO – HR Manager’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.