HR Officer with Payroll – Law Firm – City of London – up to £38k + benefits
We are on the hunt for an experienced HR Officer, ideally with experience of managing a monthly payroll, to join a leading City Law Firm.
The HR Officer will work closely with the HR team to provide a full range of HR support to the firm and you will manage the monthly payroll processes.
Suitable candidates will have solid HR experience, ideally gained within a legal, partnership or professional services environment. CIPD qualified is desirable but not a prerequisite but you will have a genuine interest in HR, an excellent working knowledge of HR systems and a good understanding of employment law and graduate recruitment.
Key responsibilities as the HR Officer will include:
- Supporting the HR Managers in providing guidance and advice to staff on matters of employment legislation, employee relations and company policies, and answering day-to-day employee related queries
- Assisting in the management of HR issues such as attendance, sickness absence, flexible working and leave
- Supporting the HR Managers in employee relations issues by assisting in investigations, drafting correspondence and attending meetings in a note taking capacity
- Assisting with annual salary reviews and bonus reviews – collating data and undertaking benchmarking analysis
- Assisting with HR projects as required
- Coordination and day-to-day management of all HR processes including probations, fixed term contracts, joiners, leavers and monitoring sickness absence
- Overseeing the end of year holiday reconciliation process
- Assisting the recruitment team
- Providing advice and training to employees on the online appraisal system, competency frameworks, providing feedback, setting objectives and conducting appraisal meetings
- Responsibility for overseeing the collation of monthly payroll information (starters, leavers, pay adjustments etc)
- Processing the monthly outsourced payroll for authorisation
- Responsibility for overseeing the collation of monthly Partner payroll information
- Responding to employee queries relating to payroll and benefits
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience as an HR Officer preferably in a legal, partnership or professional services environment
- Strong academics
- Part CIPD qualified – desirable but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of HR systems
- Experienced in managing a monthly payroll system (highly advantageous)
- Good understanding of employment law
- Experience of graduate recruitment
- Good business acumen
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Confident communication skills (written and verbal) with good grammar, spelling and punctuation
- IT literate with good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work proactively and manage flow of work in a busy and pressurised environment
- Self-motivated team player with a warm and personable nature
- Professional and confidential
If you have the skills and HR experience we’re looking for then don’t delay! Submit your CV now, quoting ‘LO – HR Officer with Payroll’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.