IT Project Manager / Information Systems Project Manager – Retail Centre Technology – Essex / Kent
We’re seeking an IT Project Manager / Information Systems Project Manager or Centre Technology Specialist to join a large retail property company based on the Essex / Kent border, although the role will require regular travel.
The primary responsibility of the IT Project Manager will be the planning, delivery, configuration and on-going support of critical technologies used to operate the company’s portfolio of shopping centres.
The role would perhaps be suited to a Network Engineer who is looking for a more project based role, although this position is still very hands-on with the technical elements.
You will be involved with planning, surveying, designing, implementing and executing all delivery elements associated with the technology infrastructure throughout the retail centres.
Suitable candidates will have good working knowledge of core network principles including IP, VLANs, Layer 2&3, Access Control Lists, QoS, DNS and DHCP together with knowledge of structure cabling systems (both copper and fibre), ideally gained in a CISCO environment.
Key responsibilities as the IT Project Manager will include:
- Leading projects with key attention to Risk, Financials, Quality and Governance and change management schedules
- Assisting with the delivery of the work stages (preparation, concepts design, pre-construction, construction) and deliver infrastructure technology
- Coordination and Project Management engagement
- Conflict Management
- Generating and scheduling project documentation and reporting
- Proactive planning to ensure relevant level of expertise and skills is available
- Assisting with configuration of the systems
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Previous experience in IT Project Management / Centre Technology Project Management (multi-site preferable)
- Excellent project management expertise
- Experience of implementing operation technologies – CCTV, Building Management Systems (BMS) and Wi-fi in retail, shopping centres, tourist attractions or similar
- Knowledge of internet service providers and an understanding of Wi-fi, VoIP and PABX
- Good working knowledge of core network principles including IP, VLANs, Layer 2&3, Access Control Lists, QoS, DNS and DHCP ideally gained in a CISCO environment
- Good working knowledge of structure cabling systems (copper and fibre)
- Experience of Microsoft Visio, Project and AutoCAD would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of BIFM/IOSH/NEBOSH/COSHH – highly desirable
- Construction supply chain knowledge and a thorough understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) and associated Health and Safety would be ideal
- Knowledgable in RIBA work stages in building design and CIC construction processes
- Solid, confident communication skills
- Highly organised
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to travel regularly
What’s on offer:
This multi-disciplined role offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days+ annual leave, pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, STL and discretionary bonus scheme, plus more!
If you would like to be considered for this role and possess the skills and experience needed, we’d like to hear from you!
Please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) quoting ‘LO – IT Project Manager / Centre Technology Project Manager’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.