IT Training Manager – City Law Firm – up to £70k + benefits
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced IT Training Manager to join a successful City based law firm.
The IT Training Manager will manage the IT training functions in the firm (including managing the IT Training Team) and supervision of additional training resources. You will also manage the design and delivery of training to internal clients, deliver operational IT training and manage relationships with external suppliers.
Suitable candidates will possess demonstrable experience in a similar role within a professional services environment. You will have expert technical knowledge on all MS Office Suite applications, sound technical knowledge of eLearning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and have thorough knowledge of advanced training methodologies.
Key experience gained in change management and knowledge of roll-outs, upgrades and new ways of working is highly desirable.
Key responsibilities as the IT Training Manager will include:
- Devising and reviewing the IT Training Strategy on an on-going basis
- Managing the IT Training team to deliver against its objectives
- Scoping and designing of training for firm wide Training Programmes, future IT training initiatives and new software packages or upgrades
- Supervision and management of IT Trainers and any additional training resources, including annual appraisals, regular team meetings and one-to-ones
- Actively collaborating with selected department representatives from across the firm, hosting meetings and workshops to understand training needs and develop area specific super user skills and understanding
- Managing IT Training’s involvement with firm wide IT initiatives
- Monitoring and reporting stats of IT Training trends and uptake with the IT Operations Manager
- Designing and conducting IT related Training Needs Assessments, where needed
- Designing, updating and improving the IT induction programme and overseeing its delivery to new starters
- Designing, promoting and communication of in-house training for fee-earners and support staff in respect of all software packages used throughout the firm
- Overseeing the quality of training materials and templates as well as IT Training pages on the intranet, proactively reviewing and improving clarity and ease of navigation
- Being a member of the Change Approval Board and taking part in Change meetings
- Working with Project Managers and Business Analysts in relation to the IT training team’s involvement in user acceptance testing (UAT) for new and updated applications and to help with planning
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for in suitable IT Training Managers:
- Previous experience in a similar IT Training Manager role in a professional services environment
- Experience in the legal sector is preferable
- Strong academics – degree (desirable)
- Professional qualifications / accreditations as an IT Trainer is highly desirable
- Expert technical knowledge on all Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Technical knowledge of eLearning authoring tool such as AdobeCaptivate
- Thorough knowledge of advanced training methodologies
- Business Analysis/Process Mapping skills
- Good project management skills – ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Ideally will have an understanding of purpose and function of core business applications e.g. CRM, DM, PMS, ERP, etc
- Prior experience of training/supporting legal specific systems e.g. CRM, DM, PMS,ERP
- Previous experience of managing a small team, showing excellent people management skills
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
What’s on offer:
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package which includes 25 days+ annual leave, pension scheme, private medical insurance, discretionary bonus scheme, flexible salary sacrifice scheme and a wellbeing programme.
Standard company hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm
If you have the experience and skills we’re looking for, then don’t delay – please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘ LO – IT Training Manager’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.