Legal Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier – City – up to £26k + benefits
We are currently looking for a Legal Accounts Assistant / Legal Cashier to join the Finance team of a popular City law firm.
This entry level role would suit a process driven and intelligent individual with some finance experience ideally gained within a legal environment, or alternatively professional services.
Key responsibilities as the Legal Accounts Assistant / Cashier will include:
- Coordinating daily payment runs
- Allocating, checking compliance and posting of incoming receipts
- Recording cheques received and allocating
- Processing of client to office transfers
- Cashiering for all Deputyship Accounts
- Processing cheque requests and cheque signing
- Entering Court Fees onto system
- Entering Land Registry and Search Flow invoices
- General team administration
To be considered for this role you will need to have / be:
- Good level of education – GCSE level education (including Maths and English Language)
- Approximately 2 years cashiering experience or accounts experience ideally gained within a legal or professional services environment
- Experience using Aderant / CMS time recording and Billing software preferred
- IT literate including MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules and Law Society Guidelines for cashiering would be desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication, both spoken and written
- Proactive team player
- Reliable, flexible, hard working and positive
Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Benefits: Excellent working conditions and attractive benefits including 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance, private healthcare, IF STL, childcare vouchers etc.
To apply for this role, please email your CV immediately, in Word format, (not PDF), quoting “LO – Legal Accounts Assistant”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.