Legal Business Process Manager – Regulatory and Compliance – City Law Firm – up to £75k + benefits
A leading City law firm is looking for a regulatory and compliance focused professional to join them as their Legal Business Process Manager.
This newly created opportunity will be a key role within the finance team as you design and deploy a new, more centralised on-boarding system for use across the firm. You will be involved from the outset in creating and implementing the systems and processes which you will manage on a day-to-day basis.
Suitable candidates will need to have a good knowledge of all legal and regulatory requirements governing client and matter selection and inception in a law firm (including conflict rules and financial crime obligations) and practical experience of applying them.
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable experience of delivering process and business improvements and who has successfully managed change in their current or previous role.
Whilst this role is based within the Finance function, you will work closely with all relevant business support teams, practice areas and the company’s General Counsel, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and Data Protection Officer.
This role offers the opportunity to develop further as the business grows and as the legal and regulatory landscape evolves and develops.
Key responsibilities as the Legal Business Process Manager:
- Managing the firm’s client and matter selection together with the inception system and processes
- Training, developing, managing and supervising the individuals within the team
- Working with the other members of the wider Compliance and Risk functions
- Assisting and supporting practice areas in their business acceptance activities
- Daily monitoring of activities to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are met and internal procedures are complied with
- Managing issues ensuring all are investigated thoroughly, presented clearly and succinctly for internal compliance review
- Analysing and responding appropriately to queries involving complex legal, regulatory and factual issues
- Collating and reporting management information
- Identification and implementation of business and process improvements
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in Business Process Management / Regulatory Compliance / Business Acceptance in a regulated law firm (approximately 5 years)
- Excellent academic or professional achievements
- Good knowledge and understanding of law firm legal and regulatory obligations relating to client and matter selection and inception (conflicts of interests, financial crime compliance, sanctions, data protection and client engagement letters)
- Practical experience of applying legal and regulatory requirements in a law firm
- Understanding of the requirements of a compliance and risk function and experience working in a control environment
- Experience using external business intelligence sources and relevant technologies including client identification and client screening applications
- Experience of process mapping and workflow creation
- Experience in delivering process and business improvements and change management
- People management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good analytical skills
- IT literate
What’s on offer:
Our City based client’s standard hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Salary of circa £60k – £75k (dependent on experience) + excellent benefits package
If this is a role that interests you and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Legal Business Process Manager’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.