Legal Cashier Supervisor – City Law Firm – 12 month Fixed Term Contract – £40k – £50k (DoE) + benefits
We are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier Supervisor to join the finance team of a successful City law firm on a 12 FTC.
The successful individual will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the cashiering functions of the office and client account, leading a team of four cashiers and reporting into the Head of Finance. Therefore we are looking for candidates with solid experience in a similar role, experience of Aderant accounting system and knowledge of VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Previous experience supervising a team is highly beneficial as good leadership qualities are sought.
Key responsibilities as the Legal Cashier Supervisor will include:
- Providing expertise on technical cashiering matters including postings and reconciliations, firm controls and compliance aspects affecting the team (I.e. AML guidelines and Solicitors Accounts Rules)
- Assisting with Solicitors Accounts Rules and LLP Audits, delegating requests as required
- Preparing payment and posting of partner capital interest, partner tax and profit distributions to partners
- Reviewing month end bank reconciliations for the office accounts
- Monthly review of nominal postings
- Reviewing various AP upload reports and ensuring nominal coding is accurate when uploading into AP system
- Managing the administration of the banking system
- Reviewing the prepayments and accruals spreadsheet to aid in year-end financial reporting
- Monthly review of bank accounts
- Ensuring CHAPS, BACS and cheque requests are administered
- Contributing to the roll out of cashiering projects and initiatives to streamline processes and improve team performance
- Supervision of team members, promoting a team-working environment and utilising leadership skills to motivate and maximise employee performance and satisfaction
- Maintenance of the Solicitors Accounts Rules breaches register
- Plus more
To be considered for this Legal Cashier Supervisor role, we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Legal Cashier / Legal Finance role is essential
- Knowledge and experience using Aderant accounting system is essential
- Knowledge of VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Supervisory / leadership experience is highly beneficial
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong academics
- Ability to work well under pressure, muti-tasking to meet deadlines
- Available and able to commit to a 12 month FTC
Hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant experience required for this contract role and are keen to apply, then please ensure your CV showcases your skills and experience and submit it ASAP, quoting “LO – Legal Cashier Supervisor Contract – City Law Firm’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.