Legal Counsel opportunity with an exciting international startup currently expanding in Europe – up to £120k (negotiable) – Remote Working available
We have a rare opportunity for an exceptional Assistant Legal Counsel or Mid-Level Commercial Lawyer, with extensive experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements in the UK and EU, to join an exciting company in the midst of international expansion as their Legal Counsel.
The Legal Counsel will support the company’s international team in its efforts to expand the network around the globe. The successful London/SE based candidate will be on the front line of the company’s exciting journey of growth.
We are looking for someone who is as comfortable advising on strategic initiatives as on day to day operations. You will have a strong background in commercial and contract law in the UK and EU, experience with risk identification and mitigation, well-honed business acumen and the aspiration to become a Legal Counsel in a fast-growing scale-up.
In a nutshell: This is a standalone European role that will be reporting into the legal team in the USA. It is suited to an Assistant Legal Counsel / Lawyer looking for the next step as a Legal Counsel. You will have extensive commercial experience, demonstrable knowledge of commercial agreement fundamentals in the UK and EU, fluent English and ideally a second European language (preferably French or German).
What’s on offer:
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation, in a role with long term career prospects, where you will be intrinsic to the long-term expansion plan and the overall success of the company throughout Europe.
Our client is offering a competitive salary together with home working (although attendance at the London office will be required in the long term). They are looking for someone with a dynamic, focused and accurate nature; someone who can exercise discretion and judgment independently and can operate with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities as the Legal Counsel will include:
- Providing accurate, timely and practical legal advice to decision makers and cross-functional teams
- Maintaining professional relationships with, and assist in managing, outside counsel
- Assisting with negotiations and drafting of commercial contracts with business partners
- Developing and maintaining current knowledge of various environmental and data privacy regulatory regimes
- Assisting and advising on establishment of operational policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting, reviewing and completing legal documents related to business operations
- Evaluating potential vendors/subcontractors/business partners for compliance with relevant regulatory regimes
- Building and developing a legal team in the long term
- Plus more
What we’re looking for:
- Legal qualification in the UK or EU (France, Germany, Spain, Ireland or Benelux)
- Extensive commercial legal experience as an Assistant Legal Counsel or Lawyer
- Extensive experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements in the UK and EU – with strong knowledge of commercial agreement fundamentals
- Familiarity with environmental and data privacy law
- Excellent organisational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communications skills
- Eager to join a fast-growing start-up organisation where you will be a key player as the company expands
If you have the qualifications, experience and skill set we’re looking for and want to join an incredibly exciting organisation with long-term career opportunities, then we want to hear from you ASAP!
Please submit your CV now, quoting ‘AE – Legal Counsel – UK/Europe’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.