Business Process Improvement Manager – City Law Firm – up to £75k (DoE) + benefits
A leading City law firm is looking for a strategic business professional to join their Immigration Practice Area as a Legal Operations Manager / Business Process Improvement Manager.
This is a key role within the team to provide strategic and operational management support to the partnership group, with a focus on driving and optimising performance, efficiency and profitability.
Experience in Immigration law isn’t a necessity, what we’re looking for is someone with proven experience working in a process-driven legal / professional services environment, who has extensive experience in capturing, mapping and documenting business requirements, possesses significant process improvement and project management experience and has the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
Key responsibilities as the Business Process Improvement Manager will include:
- Engaging and working closely with the Immigration Practice Area; to understand business operations, challenges and plans & priorities
- Applying best practice within the department using critical and commercial thinking to improve the efficiency of resource management and improving legal service delivery to the firm’s clients
- Assisting the partners in creating an environment of continuous quality improvement
- Supporting the continuous review and improvement of key business processes and workflows, driving change
- Providing support to the partners with recruitment, scheduling and completion of performance reviews of departmental staff
- Supporting the team’s finance partner ensuring effective utilisation, timely billing and on-going financial control plus periodical pricing and profitability reviews
- Supporting partners in the development and review of the department’s strategy and business plan including preparation of material, summarising outcomes and ensuring follow-up
- Project managing new initiatives
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar legal practice area / operations management role
- Strong commercial knowledge to facilitate understanding of the practice area
- Extensive experience in capturing, mapping and documenting business requirements
- Significant process improvement and project management experience
- Business case preparation and justification experience
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Excellent academic / professional achievements (preferably to degree level)
- Experience in a process-driven role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate
- Diplomatic, analytical and logical problem solver
What’s on offer:
Our City based client’s standard hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm.
Salary up to £75,000 (dependent on expertise) + excellent benefits package
If this is a role that interests you and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Business Process Improvement / Operations Manager’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.