Library / Information Assistant – City Law Firm – Knowledge and Information Department – 12 month FTC
An interesting contract role as an Information / Library Assistant has become available in the Knowledge and Information Services department of a leading City Law Firm.
Working in a small legal library team, the Information Assistant will provide a full information service to partners and staff and will assist with client on-boarding processes and checks.
*** This role isn’t suitable to anyone wishing to pursue a legal support role, but is ideal for someone wishing to carve a career in legal research in the long term.
Responsibilities as the Law Library Information Assistant will include:
- Assisting the Head of Knowledge and Information Services in providing a full information service to partners and staff
- Assisting with the client on-boarding process using a risk management tool (World Check) for identification and due diligence
- General administration including filing, book processing, cataloguing and loose leafing
- Ensuring the main library and department libraries are maintained and kept in good order
- Assisting with departmental projects
To be considered for this Law Library Information Assistant role, you will need to possess:
- A good level of education (A-Level or equivalent, including English and Maths grades A-C)
- Previous experience in a similar role (i.e. corporate library or information centre) is highly desired
- Previous experience in a legal environment would be beneficial
- Business or legal information resources experience is advantageous
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good research skills with an accurate eye for detail
- PC literate including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PP
- Available imminently and able to commit to a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door in a Legal Information/Research role at a leading law firm! Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the right person.
Is it you? Is this the role you’re looking for?
If you feel you are suitable for this contract role, are available imminently and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for then don’t delay – submit your CV NOW!!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.