Library / Information Officer – City Law Firm – Full Time, Permanent – up to £32k + benefits
An interesting role as a Library / Information Officer has become available in the Knowledge and Information Services department of a leading City Law Firm.
Working in a small legal library team, the Information Officer will provide a full information service to partners and staff and will carry out research as required.
*** Please note: this role isn’t suitable to Paralegals or anyone wishing to pursue a legal support role, but is ideal for someone wishing to carve a career in legal research in the long term.
Responsibilities as the Law Library Information Officer will include:
- General administration including periodical circulation, filing, book processing and cataloguing
- Ensuring the main library and department libraries are maintained and kept in good order
- Carrying out research including retrieval of information from electronic and hard copy sources and then presenting the data in a clear format as requested
- Collection development – assisting the Manager in ensuring collections remain current and relevant
- Knowledge management – providing knowledge management support, collating and indexing knowhow and working on knowledge management projects
- Assisting in providing legal research training to fee-earners, delivering inductions and trainee training
To be considered for this Law Library Information Officer role, you will need to possess:
- Degree in Information Management (or equivalent) is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role (i.e. corporate library or information centre)
- Previous experience in a legal environment is sought
- Business or legal information resources experience is advantageous
- Experience of knowhow systems / databases (preferable)
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good research skills with an accurate eye for detail
- PC literate including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PP
- Interest in pursuing a career in legal research
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the right person.
Is it you? Is this the role you’re looking for?
If you feel you are suitable for this Law Library Information Officer role and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for then don’t delay – submit your CV NOW! Please quote ‘LO – Law Library Information Officer’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.