National Account Manager – Retail Channel and Partners – Amazing International Startup Opportunity – £60,000 – £80,000 (DoE)
We are on the hunt for an exceptional National Account Sales Manager / Retail Partnership Manager, with experience of retail channel and partner sales, to join an exciting startup company in the midst of international expansion.
The National Account Manager will be responsible for the development, growth and retention of channel partnerships as well as the development of the strategy and execution plan resulting in new customer acquisition and growth into critical retail markets in the UK.
The ability to draw on previous retail / FMCG experience to build up and execute a sales pipeline for the company across the UK is crucial to the success of this role.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and persuasive sales professional with a ‘make it happen’ attitude. You will be building up and expanding the UK arm of the business, so an entrepreneurial mindset, objective driven outlook and strong business ethics are crucial.
Previous experience building relationships with food / grocery channels or shopping centres, or experience with vending machines/hypermarket electronic devices is what we’re looking for.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing organisation, where you will be intrinsic to the long term expansion plan and the success of the company.
Note: The role is flexible on location within the UK as it is initially home based, although the main office is based in Windsor so travel to Berkshire for meetings will be required.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience (approx 7+ years) in sales with a proven track record of success selling technology solutions into retail partners (food/grocery channels, retail centres, concessions etc.)
- Experience and success in developing strategic long-term partnerships with large retailers
- Experience in account management (front-line sales carrying quota including current role)
- Marketing and retail experience
- A passion for, and proven experience of, selling technology solutions in strategic environments
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to present and influence at all levels
- Ability to develop senior level business relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly motivated and objective driven
- Strong business acumen and ethics
- Comfortable with a lean operating culture
- Ability to utilise metric and produce data driven, measurable action plans
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and accounts with differing timelines
- Degree level education (or equivalent)
- Full, clean driving licence
- Flexibility and ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Desire to join a rapidly growing international startup
Key responsibilities as the National Account Manager will include:
- Selling the company’s retail technology solutions to major food/grocery channels / retailers, shopping centres and partners in the UK
- Creating and owning executive level relationships across marketing, operations and IT to solve customer business issues
- Understanding customer’s business objectives
- Developing account plans with measurable goals and objectives
- Building and executing a sales pipeline across the UK; managing the sales process, identifying opportunities, managing the funnel and forecast, handling contract negotiations and driving deployment of solutions
- Optimising existing business by driving retail execution, initiating marketing activities and communication
- Collaborating with colleagues across the company
- Plus more!
What’s on offer:
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast growing, international startup who are expanding throughout Europe.
The role is flexible on location within the UK as it is initially home based, although the main office is based in Windsor so travel to Berkshire for meetings will be required.
The position requires travel to partners and accounts throughout the UK and internationally.
Our client is offering a base salary of £50,000 – £80,00, dependent on expertise.
Do you have the relevant retail partnership experience, entrepreneurial mindset and drive and ambition we’re looking for?
Are you a people person, able to build and maintain solid business partnerships?
Do you have an exceptional success rate in business sales and are you hungry to succeed?
If so, we want to hear from you now! Please ensure your CV showcases your relevant skills and experience and submit it ASAP, quoting ‘AE – National Account Manager – Retail Channel and Partners – UK’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.