Paralegal / Legal Assistant – Regulatory – City Law Firm – 6 month Fixed Term Contract
An interesting contract role for an experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant, in the Regulatory division of a popular City based law firm, has become immediately available due to expansion.
Please note we are looking for the following:
- Strong legal experience (min. 6 months – 1 year)
- Excellent A Level grades and degree – LPC / BPTC highly desirable
- Witness statement experience
- Experience with own caseloads
This Paralegal/ Legal Assistant role would suit ambitious and confident candidates with excellent academic grades, knowledge and experience of Regulatory law and experience of managing their own case loads in a fast-paced legal environment.
As well as outstanding research skills, you’ll also have some experience of preparing bundles for hearings and taking and preparing witness statements.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
Key responsibilities in the Paralegal / Legal Assistant contract role include:
- Consideration of papers received on instruction
- Liaising and speaking with witnesses in order to take statements from them
- Drafting witness statements
- Obtaining documentary evidence
- Drafting case summaries and legal documents
- Client and witness liaison
- Preparing bundles for hearings
- Various administrative tasks
- Document management including using internal electronic systems to progress cases and provide update reports to clients
Key skills, experience and attributes required to be successful in these positions include:
- Graduate level, ideally 2.1 degree or above and excellent A Level results
- LPC or BPTC graduates
- Previous experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Experience in Regulatory / Professional Discipline law is highly beneficial
- Experience of taking and preparing witness statements
- Experience of preparing bundles for hearings
- Experience and ability to manage own case loads
- Excellent research and administration skills and experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
- Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar and confident communication skills
- Fluent English is essential, Welsh language skills are highly desirable
- Highly organised, meticulous and ability to multi-task
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Interest and enthusiasm for law
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
Excellent working conditions, benefits and competitive salary are on offer.
Standard hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this Paralegal / Legal Assistant position, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Paralegal / Legal Asst – Regulatory’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.