Paralegal / Legal Assistant – Regulatory – City Law Firm – 12 month Fixed Term Contract
An interesting contract role for an experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant in the Regulatory division of a popular City based law firm has become immediately available due to expansion.
Please note we are looking for the following:
- Strong legal experience (min. 6 months – 1 year)
- Excellent A Level grades and degree – LPC / BPTC highly desirable
- Witness statement experience
- Experience with own caseloads
This Paralegal/ Legal Assistant role would suit ambitious and confident candidates with excellent academic grades, knowledge and experience of Regulatory law and experience of managing their own case loads in a fast-paced legal environment.
As well as outstanding research skills, you’ll also have some experience of preparing bundles for hearings and taking and preparing witness statements.
Some UK travel and possible overnight stays required in this role.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
Key responsibilities in the Paralegal / Legal Assistant role include:
- Consideration of papers received on instruction
- Liaising and speaking with witnesses in order to take statements from them
- Drafting witness statements
- Obtaining documentary evidence
- Drafting case summaries and legal documents
- Client and witness liaison
- Preparing bundles for hearings
- Various administrative tasks
- Document management including using internal electronic systems to progress cases and provide update reports to clients
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- Graduate level, ideally 2.1 degree or above and excellent A Level results
- LPC or BPTC graduates
- Previous experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Experience in Regulatory / Professional Discipline law is highly beneficial
- Experience of taking and preparing witness statements
- Experience of preparing bundles for hearings
- Experience and ability to manage own case loads
- Excellent research and administration skills and experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
- Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar and confident communication skills
- Highly organised, meticulous and ability to multi-task
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Interest and enthusiasm for law
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
Excellent working conditions and benefits include: 25 days holiday plus, pension, life assurance, income protection, private medical, performance bonus, free eye tests, flexible salary sacrifice benefits and more.
Based on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience required for this Paralegal / Legal Assistant position, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Paralegal / Legal Asst – Regulatory’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.