Professional Support Lawyer – Employment Law – Part Time Role – up to £80k pro rata
One of our favoured clients, a leading City law firm, is currently looking for an experienced Employment Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) to join their Employment department on a part time basis.
This role is offered on a part time basis (3-4 days per week) with standard hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm.
The role of the Employment Professional Support Lawyer is to provide a professional service to fee-earners within the Employment Practice Area. You will keep fee earners up-to-date on employment developments, support the development of their expertise and maintain the department’s knowledge base.
The successful candidate will ideally have 6 years+ PQE, have a strong interest in using technology and know-how systems and applications to deliver efficiencies within a team of fee earners and demonstrate an outstanding aptitude and expertise in civil/commercial litigation law.
This role may suit an experienced lawyer looking to step away from their lawyer/solicitor position, or perhaps return to a part time role that will fully utilise all of their knowledge and experience gained within Employment law.
What’s on offer?
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary, dependent on expertise. Core benefits include 25 days+ annual leave, pension, private medical insurance, discretionary bonus, STL, gym membership loan, childcare vouchers – plus more!
Key responsibilities as the Employment Professional Support Lawyer will include:
- Updating, maintaining and developing a full suite of employment law know-how including the precedent system, checklists, letters, workflow and updates
- Monitoring practice and legal developments
- Maintaining the employment homepage on the intranet and the group’s contribution to the external website
- Organising internal lectures and seminars
- Marketing and business development – assisting with tender processes, marketing events and client seminars, assisting with research for articles etc
- Assisting with submissions for legal directories
- Plus more!
Requirements to be considered for this Employment PSL role:
- 6+ years PQE
- Excellent academics with a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
- Outstanding aptitude and expertise in civil/commercial litigation law
- A strong interest in using technology and know-how systems and applications to deliver efficiencies within a team of fee earners
- A good grasp of legal concepts, excellent drafting skills
- Ability to see issues from a commercial perspective
- IT literate
- Desire to keep up to date with developments in area of expertise
- Ability to lead on projects
If this role is of interest to you and you have the qualifications and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Employment PSL’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.