Credit Controller / Revenue Controller – City Law Firm – 12 months FTC – up to £40k + benefits
Our client, a leading City law firm, is looking for a Revenue Controller / Credit Controller to join their Revenue Control team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Suitable candidates will need to be methodical, accurate, numerical and organised and possess previous experience in a similar credit / revenue control / billing role within a law firm.
Confident communication skills (written and spoken) and an excellent telephone manner are also required.
Working within a team, the Credit / Revenue Controller will work to ensure the firm achieves and maintains healthy levels of WIP and debt, ensuring monthly billing and collection targets are hit and that all queries and concerns are dealt with efficiently.
Key responsibilities as the Revenue Controller / Credit Controller will include:
- Organising and attending regular meetings regarding monthly billing, WIP balances and unpaid invoices
- Chasing debtors regularly (via telephone, e-mail and letter)
- Prompt and accurate production of invoices submitted, ensuring full compliance with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules
- Identifying and escalating potential debt issues to the Revenue Control Supervisor
- General matter maintenance including WIP transfers, write offs and amendments to client / matter details
- Maintaining accurate records on the the credit control system
- Analysing unpaid bills held at year end to help calculate the bad debt provision
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for client matters
- Processing credit card payments
- Dealing with all billing, VAT and debt queries from internal and external clients
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Credit Controller, Billing or Revenue Controller role within a law firm – essential
- Knowledge of VAT and Solicitors Account Rules
- Working knowledge of Aderant and ARCS2G is beneficial
- Strong IT literacy including MS Office and Excel
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised nature
- Confident communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work proactively in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality, information security and data protection
- Professional attitude
- Team player
- Strong academics including English Language and Maths at GCSE level or above (or equivalent)
- Availability and commitment to undertake a 12 month FTC
Standard Hours – Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
This is a wonderful company to work for; they pay competitively and offer a great benefits package. If you’re looking for a new Credit Controller / Revenue Controller role in a legal firm then this could be the role for you!
Submit your CV NOW, quoting ‘LO – Revenue Controller – Law Firm – Contract’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.