Senior Business Analyst – Law Firm – City – up to £55,000 + benefits
We’re looking for a Senior Business Analyst, with extensive experience in a business facing role within a law firm, together with strong commercial acumen, to join a successful law firm in the City.
As the Senior Business Analyst you will assist with the development and management of firm based projects. You will engage with practice areas and business support departments to shape and scope project and initiative proposals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience (ideally 5 years+) in a similar Business Analyst / Business Engagement Analyst role within a legal environment and will be analytical with strong finance, numerical and IT skills.
Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements, drafting functional specifications and project management experience is also required to succeed in this role.
Key duties as the Senior Business Analyst include:
- Working with the Head of Business Engagement and Project Managers to understand business operations, challenges and their upcoming plans and priorities
- Developing a good understanding of the existing applications, processes and systems
- Keeping abreast of enhancements to existing technology and marketplace developments
- Assisting in identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis
- Inputting to and producing business cases to help evaluate the value of any proposed initiatives
- Proactively liaising with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements; producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation
- Liaising between departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation
- Undertaking system testing and providing comprehensive documentation of results
- Coordinating user acceptance tests ensuring clients undertake test duties
- Assisting with overall project management – providing reports and feedback to the Project Manager
- Reviewing and updating requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations relater to the proposed solution to ensure traceability of decisions
- Assisting in the implementation of business processes and initiatives and monitoring he achievement
- Plus more!
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar Business Analyst / Business Engagement Analyst role within a legal environment
- Strong academics including educated to degree level or equivalent
- Business Analyst qualification is highly beneficial
- Experience in a business facing role with strong commercial knowledge
- Experience in capturing and documenting business requirements
- Experience in drafting functional specifications
- Analytical with logical problem solving skills and strong finance and numerical skills
- Advanced IT skills including MS Office, Project and Visio and strong technical knowledge to enable working closely with the IT function
- Experienced with Document and Case Management Systems – law firm Practice Management systems experience is highly advantageous
- Project management experience
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Ability to structure information and data and present information in a clear, logical and structured manner
- Confident communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and remain calm under pressure
What’s on offer?
Our City based client’s standard hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm.
They are offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘LO – Senior Business Analyst’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.