An exciting and varied role as Technical Support Engineer / Content Writer has arisen at a forward-thinking electronics company based in Royston, Hertfordshire.
Focusing on marine and wireless technologies, this role will suit you if you have a strong electronics/computer background or keen interest.
If you enjoy the challenge of supporting the development of new products from the ground up, supporting customers with technical solutions and developing engaging technical instructions and content, this might be the perfect role for you.
This is a great role for someone who is keen to build on their experience and develop their skills. There is room for this role to include testing and developing new products and software dependent on experience. There is also room to learn about SEO and marketing technologies and to support sales pitches where a technical input is needed.
Key responsibilities as the Technical Support Engineer / Content Writer include:
- Assisting customers with queries, providing technical solutions and maintaining good relationships
- Writing technical content for social media
- Updating technical specifications and instructions
- Working with the Marketing team to create instructional videos
- Handling returns: ascertaining whether returns are faulty, reporting on quality
- Product testing
- Supporting the development of new products and software
- Role may also include work on SEO and other online developments
- Supporting the development of a commercially successful e-commerce website
- Ensuring website content is updated
- Updating CD and printed content
- Plus more!
Key skills and experience needed:
- Strong electronics/computer background, knowledge or interest
- Marine / Marine Electronics interest or knowledge is desirable
- Minimum Level 3 in Electronics, Computer / Electrical Engineering or similar
- Engineering intellect
- Strong IT, administrative, data and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Highly driven and motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Eagerness to learn and improve
- Electrical engineering experience/knowledge is beneficial
How to apply for this role:
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience required then we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible, quoting ‘AE – Technical Support Engineer / Content Writer’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.