Temporary Laboratory Technician – Innovative Company – King’s Lynn, Norfolk – £10/hour
Carousel is pleased to be working in partnership with Merxin, a rapidly expanding designer, developer and supplier of generic and customised drug delivery and medical device platforms, based in King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
Four years ago, our client started Merxin; today they are one of the world’s leading inhaler device designers and suppliers. We are actively recruiting a Temporary Laboratory Technician to join their hard working, talented and growing team on an ongoing temporary basis.
The Temporary Laboratory Technician will undertake laboratory testing, data processing and reporting to help ensure the successful delivery of Merxin products.
This role would suit recent graduates who have a degree in a related field and previous laboratory experience would be highly beneficial.
You will be creative and innovative, have a thirst for knowledge and an inquisitive nature and love solving problems. Handling, interpreting and analysing data and finding out what is going on will constantly drive you and you will be comfortable working under pressure to deadlines.
Key responsibilities as the Temporary Laboratory Technician will include:
- Performing droplet/particle size testing
- Performing shot weight testing
- Performing force testing on tensile testing equipment
- Performing ad hoc mechanical and analytical testing to support device development
- Utilising microscope equipment for inspection and measurements
- Exporting and processing test data
- Data analysis
- Preparing laboratory reports/associated documentation
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies
What we’re looking for:
- Degree (or equivalent) in science or engineering subjects – or similar
- Previous laboratory experience is highly beneficial
- Experimental work, data handling, interpretation and reporting experience desirable
- Creative and innovative
- A passion for problem solving
- Good data analysis and a desire to find out what’s going on
- A love for projects
- A thirst for knowledge
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent documentation skills, ensuring it is all technically accurate, filed, cross-referenced and up-to-date
- Proactive, highly organised team player
- Available immediately and able to temp on an ongoing basis
- Eligible to work in the UK and able to provide written references
How to apply:
We are recruiting on behalf of Merxin and only applications submitted via Carousel Consultancy will be considered for by our client therefore, if you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for and wish to work for an innovative organisation in a very exciting period of growth, then don’t hesitate – submit your CV ASAP, quoting ‘MA – Temporary Laboratory Technician’.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.