Paralegal – Fluent Welsh Required – Successful Law Firm – City of London – Remote / Hybrid -12 month FTC – £30k + benefits
An exciting contract role for a Paralegal with fluent Welsh has become immediately available at a fantastic City based law firm, with hybrid / remote working on offer.
Please note: the following is required to be considered for this role:
- Strong legal experience (min. 1 year)
- Excellent A Level grades and a degree – LPC / BPTC desired
- Witness statement experience
- Experience with own caseloads
- Fluent Welsh skills (written and spoken)
This Paralegal role would suit ambitious and confident graduates with excellent academic grades, experience of managing their own case loads in a fast-paced legal environment and fluency in Welsh. A
s well as outstanding research skills, you’ll also have some experience of preparing bundles for hearings and taking and preparing witness statements.
Some UK travel and possible overnight stays required in this role.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
What’s on offer:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful, city law firm, where you can fully utilise your academics, experience and Welsh language skills.
Excellent working conditions and benefits (including 25 days holiday) is on offer, together with hybrid or potentially remote working.
Standard working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm.
Key responsibilities in the Paralegal role includes:
- Consideration of papers received on instruction
- Liaising and speaking with witnesses in order to take statements from them
- Drafting witness statements
- Obtaining documentary evidence
- Drafting witness statements, case summaries and legal documents
- Client and witness liaison
- Preparing bundles for hearings
- Attending conferences
- Various administrative tasks
- Document management including using internal electronic systems to progress cases and provide update reports to clients
What we’re looking for:
- Graduate level, ideally 2.1 degree or above and excellent A Level results
- LPC or BPTC graduates beneficial
- Previous experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- Fluent Welsh language skills (written and spoken) are essential
- Experience in Regulatory / Professional Discipline law is highly beneficial
- Experience of taking and preparing witness statements
- Experience of preparing bundles for hearings
- Experience and ability to manage own case loads
- Excellent research and administration skills and experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
- Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar and confident communication skills
- Highly organised, meticulous and ability to multi-task
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Interest and enthusiasm for law
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
Interested in this Welsh speaking Paralegal role?
If you have the necessary skills required for this Welsh speaking Paralegal position, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, quoting ‘LO – Welsh Paralegal’
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.