Financial Controller – City Law Firm – London / Hybrid Working – up to £95k + great benefits
We are on the hunt for a qualified and experienced Financial Controller to play a leading and pivotal role in the day-to-day operational management of the finance team of a leading City law firm.
As the Financial Controller, you will work closely with the Head of Finance to drive a number of automation projects forward, as well as lead and manage a large team of individuals.
We are looking for someone professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with solid commercial acumen, technical expertise and excellent stakeholder / client management skills.
What’s on offer? This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, friendly and hardworking team who are client focused and enjoy the challenges of working for a successful City law firm.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and core and flexible benefits scheme, which includes 25+ days annual leave, pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, enhanced sick pay and maternity/paternity pay, discretionary bonus, wellness subsidy, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, dental cover and more!
Standard working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm and hybrid working is offered.
Specific responsibilities as the Financial Controller will include:
- Overseeing the production of the company’s management reporting and annual and quarterly financial reports and statements
- Leading the annual audit process – preparing audit committee papers and liaising with external auditors
- Working with the Head of Finance on the production of the budget and re-forecast
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Cash flow management – overseeing and controlling the firm’s banking facilities, relationships and systems
- Maintaining the integrity of the firm’s balance sheet
- Reviewing the partner accounts and reviewing their annual circulation
- Supporting the Partnership Accountant with the handling of the partner tax reserves and cessation accounting and handling of the LLP’s tax computation
- Reviewing partners’ capital requirements for existing and new partners
- Reviewing partners’ drawings and distributions
- Review of the quarterly VAT Return
- Leading, motivating and managing team
- Monitoring individual workflow and capacity
- And more!
The ideal candidate will possess:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA qualifications – or part qualified with relevant experience
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally as a Financial Controller or Senior Commercial Accountant who is looking to step up
- Experience working in a legal (ideal) or professional services environment – strong commercial experience is a necessity
- Proven track record of leading on and delivering projects in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Good business acumen with experience of business partnering
- Strong leadership skills – experience of managing a team
- Solid data analysis capabilities
- Confident communicator
- IT literate
- Analytical and problem solving skills
Interested in this Financial Controller role?
If this Financial Controller role is of interest and you possess the qualifications, skills and experience our client is looking for, then please submit your CV as soon as possible, quoting ‘LO – Financial Controller – London’
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.